Friday, March 2, 2018

Shopping.

Yesterday I made a trip to my bulk store to pick up few treats. We usually stick with sweets that I bake but this time we had a craving for some chocolate. I got few dark chocolate covered almonds with coconut - my favourite, some chocolate eggies - they smell so good, I got jar of BBQ chips for my husband and a jar of graham cookies ( my kids love them), which I usually buy in a grocery store in a non- recyclable  package so I was really happy that they had it. They are a little bit bigger then the packaged ones but taste the same.





My steps to being zero waste are going well, sometimes I find challenging and difficult to find products that I need, but don't want to buy all that plastic and packaging. And other times I find difficult to stop myself from buying something that I normally would. I don't think I will ever be completely waste free, there are things that I am not willing to give up because they make my life easier so I think that maybe calling, what I'm trying to do, zero waste is  wrong. I will stay on track with the trash patrol and awareness of where my money goes and what we buy. So far we reduced our garbage by half, my kitchen cupboards are not stuffed with packaged goods and I ave more money saved.  

3 comments:

  1. And your jars look so pretty filled with their goodies! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an awesome job!! Shirley near Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea and it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete