Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Pickles.

Every year I make some pickles that I use for soup in the winter, this year I made 18 jars, we already ate few.  The pickles are made with garlic, horseradish dill and salted water.








 Here is how I make them:
1. Soak the cucumbers in cold water for 12 hours or over night.
2. Boil water with salt ( it has to be salty, I just taste it) and let it cool completely.
3. In every clean jar I put dill with seeds, 2 pieces of horse radish, 3 cloves of garlic.
4. Arrange cucumbers and top it with 2 more pieces of each horse radish and garlic, and another dill.
5. Fill with the cool salty water.
When the cucumbers start pickling the top of the jars may expend, that's normal.

2 comments:

  1. Those look pretty and I'll bet they taste wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I would love the recipe. They sound similar to some my Grandmother used to make.

    ReplyDelete