Friday, July 24, 2020

Reading

I picked few books that I would like to finish by the end of the month, at least I will try. It is really hard to find time for things like reading in the summer, there is so much to do in the warm months, like: preserving and cooking and going out with kids, and sometimes it's just too hot to do anything, and there are those lazy days when you can't find motivation to do anything, however I'm trying to create some kind of a routine and incorporate reading in it. I'm thinking if I can find just one hour a day for reading that would be great, but it is easier said then done, like for example yesterday the only time that I could read was right before bed. I can't read too long before bed because books put me to sleep, not that they are boring, I just relax too much, so I read for 10 minutes and I was out. Today I'm trying to read in the morning since I woke up extra early, we will see how it goes. Wish me luck.

My books:
 - The Inconvenient Indian by Thomas King
(A Curious Account of Native People in North America)
 - The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden 
 - The lost City by Amanda Hocking

Amanda Hocking is one of my favourite authors, this book is almost like a continuation of her Trylle trilogy, I just started and already in a first chapter she refers to the other books, so I suggest to read that trilogy first, the books are:
1.Switched
2.Torn
3.Ascend



And with my younger daughter we picked few books to read together, she is 12 and loved graphic novel, she basically eats them up, but doesn't like chapter books so we always read them together and I'm hoping that she will find her love for chapter books at some point in her life.

 - The Soul Riders by Helena Dahlgren
 - Wing of Olympus by Kallie George
 - The Dragon Prince by Aaron Ehasz and Melanie McGanney Ehasz
 - The Children of Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren.


No comments:

Post a Comment