Friday, July 17, 2020

From my Garden.

This year is really strange when it comes to my garden, I have a lot of growth but not so much fruits. My community garden has been eaten by squirrels and beside green onion there is nothing. I had dill, carrots, spinach and corn and everything is gone but I have many peanuts in the ground.
On my balcony I don't have any squirrels so everything is growing well but it's all leafs, my beans are really tall but I had a hand full of beans and that is it, my zucchini is huge and has many flowers and small zucchini but they all dry out and the flowers on the small zucchini don't even open up. My cucumbers are full of flowers but not even one cucumber. As much as I would love to have all the veggies I am happy that I have green balcony with walls of leafs and I have the opportunity to garden in the community garden, so the year 2020 is strange but next year will be much better.

I had few strawberries:


And I have nice kale but indoors on my window:



And this is the bean harvest so far:


One thing that I always have, and hope to always have, is basil. I cut my first basil this season and made some pesto.






No comments:

Post a Comment