Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Kale seasoning.

This is my go to seasoning, I use it on everything and the best part of it is that I know exactly whats in it and can make it at home. It comes from this book all about kale. The Book of Kale by Sharon Hanna.





You will need:

1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup black sesame seeds
1/4 cup white or natural sesame seeds
1/3 cup flaked dry kale
1/4 cup sea or kosher salt
1 tbsp flaked seaweed ( optional)
dried orange or lemon zest ( optional)

I don't use the seaweed, the dry kale I make in my oven, just wash the leaves and dry on baking sheet then break them with your hands and store it in a jar, all other ingredients I buy zero waste in bulk store. This time I tripled the recipe.   

1. In a small cast iron pan ( dry, no oil) toast pumpkin seeds over medium - low heat for few minutes.



2. In a bowl get your sesame seeds ready




3.Add the sesame seeds to the pan and mix it well, toast for few more minutes, don't let it burn.



4. In the food processor combine:

- dry kale, 



- salt,


- toasted seeds,


- and dry lemon zest ( I got this in a bulk store in the spice aisle)



5. Process and store it in a jar.







No comments:

Post a Comment