Monday, May 7, 2018

Potato pancakes.

Yesterday I made potato pancakes for dinner and they were delicious, we eat them with sour cream.

You will need:
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed,
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in four,
- 1 egg,
- salt and pepper,
- 1 cup of flour.

1. Process potatoes and onion in a food processor until smooth        ( few minutes)
2. Transfer the potatoes into a bowl, add egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. There will be some juice from the potatoes so you need to drain it and then add flour - 1 tbsp at the time until the dough is like a pancake dough,
4. Fry on an oil few minutes on each side until golden, place on a plate with paper towel.
5. Serve warm with sour cream.
You can add different spices to the dough like cayenne pepper if you like spicy or some herbs like parsley.



3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness.... I've never had these but I am SURE they are delicious. Do you cook the potatoes first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My those look wonderful. I haven't made those in ages. I will this week, though. Shirley near Seattle

    ReplyDelete