Mushroom and Kale Vegetarian Lasagna Bake.
- dried lasagna sheets, break them in small pieces,
- olive oil,
- 3/4 cup chopped onion,
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,( I used my minced garlic in a jar)
- 6 cups chopped kale or spinach,
- 1 jar pasta sauce,
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese,
- 1 can tomato sauce,
- Italian seasoning,
- black pepper,
I used what I had at home at that time so the next things I didn't use but they are in the recipe.
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese,
- 1 tbsp milk,
- 1 tsp shredded lemon peel,
1. Preheat oven to 375 F, coat a baking dish with oil.
2. Cook the pasta, drain and return to the pot.
3. in a large skillet heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat, add onion cook for 3 minutes, add mushrooms cook for about 6 minutes, add garlic cook for another 1 minute. Add mixture to the pasta.
4. Wipe the skillet, add remaining oil, heat over medium heat. Gradually add kale tossing and cooking for 6 to 8 minutes until kale is tender( if using spinach cook for 1 to 2 minutes). Add kale to pasta, stir in pasta sauce, tomato sauce and 1 cup of cheese. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
5. Combine ricotta cheese, milk, lemon, Italian seasoning and pepper. Spoon mixture in small mounds onto pasta. Cover dish loosely with foil.
6. Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, bake loosely covered about 5 minutes.
let stand, covered for 15 minutes before serving.