Wednesday, January 20, 2016

In my Kitchen.



About a week ago I had some really bad celery, it wasn’t crispy and it started to turn yellow. I cut off all the yellow parts, (they went to compost) and used the middle, better parts for a soup. I was left with just the bottom part and decided to do little experiment. In a small shallow bowl I put some cold water and put the celery piece in, I also added carrot tops. Its seating on my kitchen counter where is warmer then on the window and I have a LED light above my sink so I leave it on. Now week later new celery is growing and even the carrots are growing, next will be parsnip for some fresh parsley. 


3 comments:

  1. That's great! I will try that! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what you can do with your kitchen. Though it looked like you were just trying things out but this was really something that turned out to be a payday. I would love to try it just for the sake of it though my kitchen window does not have that much access to direct sunlight but then again, I really have nothing to lose.

    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

    ReplyDelete