Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Zucchini soup.

I had the Everyday Food, Great Food Fast cookbook for a while now and used it only once for the squash soup. 


I read few recipes and everything looks good and easy to make so I decided to give it a try and test as much as I can. The book has four sections, one for each season and since its summer that is where I'm starting. 
First I made Curried Zucchini Soup and it was delicious. 

Here is a picture from the book:


And here is my soup:


 CURRIED ZUCCHINI SOUP:
 
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and salt, cook stirring occasionally until the onion is soft. Add the garlic and curry powder, cook stirring constantly for a minute.
Add zucchini, potato and 4 cups of water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
Puree the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment